Dear Edmonton-Spruce Grove Constituents,
On February 6, 2012, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II marked the 60th anniversary of her accession to the Throne as Queen of Canada. To celebrate Her Majesty's 60 years of service to Canada as our Queen, his Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, has commissioned the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal.
The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal is meant to be a visible and tangible way to recognize outstanding Canadians of all ages and all walks of life, who have built and continue to build this caring society and country through their services, contributions and achievements.
As the Member of Parliament for Edmonton-Spruce Grove, I will have the honour of presenting 50 Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medals to successful nominees right here in our constituency.
I therefore invite you to nominate a deserving person to receive this commemorative medal. I encourage you to nominate a neighbour, a friend, a family member, a colleague or any other worthy person you may know.
To be eligible for this honour a person...
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or a permanent residence of Canada, but not necessarily reside in Canada.
- Must have made a significant contribution to a particular province, territory, region or community within Canada, or an achievement abroad that brings credit to Canada; and
- Must be alive on February 6, 2012. The medals can be awarded posthumously, as long as the recipient was alive on this date.
Submit the nomination form and the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to me at 6801 170th St. N.W., Edmonton, AB, T5T 4W4 by 5 PM on Friday, June 15th, 2012.
- Nominator and Nominee contact Information (mailing address, phone, email)
- How the name should be displayed on the certificate (title, post-nominal letters etc)
- Category in which the achievement was accomplished in (eg. community service, military, arts, etc – refer to nomination form.)
- A brief comprehensive summary of the nominee’s achievement(s) (40 words or 250 charters)
- Letters of support or any other supporting documentation you wish to include are welcome.
Hon. Rona Ambrose, P.C., M.P.