Over the coming weeks and months, Rona will be focused on working with her colleagues in Canada's new Conservative government to deliver five key priorities for Canadians.
As your Member of Parliament, Rona is committed to:
- Cleaning up government by enacting and enforcing the Federal Accountability Act;
- Lowering taxes for working Canadians; starting by reducing the GST;
- Protecting Canadian families and communities by strengthening the justice system;
- Supporting parents’ child care choices through direct assistance and by creating more daycare spaces; and
- Delivering the health care Canadians need, when they need it, by addressing the fiscal imbalance and establishing a patient wait times guarantee with the provinces.
These five priorities were the five central commitments Rona and Stephen Harper made during the last campaign and they now form the basis for the government's agenda.
As a member of Canada's new government, it is more important than ever that Rona hear from you about your thoughts and opinions. Tell us what you think and where you'd like to see our new government lead.
Now that you know where Rona stands, be sure to let her know about your priorities by phoning her office, sending her an e-mail or filling out the Constituent Help Form.